Welcome to the AucklandSQL Users GroupThe AucklandSQL User Group is a community user group that strives to promote networking and professional interaction to help the IT Professional get the most out of SQL Server, and to strengthen the profile of SQL in the wider Auckland region.
Next Meeting - Wednesday, 25 June 2015
SQL Server SecuritySQL Server has everything you need to secure your server and data against today's sophisticated attacks. But before you can use these security features effectively, you need to understand the threats you face and a few basic security concepts.
This session is for all audiences
- Administrators (what can you do to lock down a box)
- Developers (how can you write secure code)
- Managers (when the previous two guys tell you they need to spend time & money on security, listen to them)
Gather from 5:30pm, session starts at 6:00pm
22 Viaduct Harbour Ave
What's the future (and present) for SQL Server
- A reboot of the group after an extended hiatus
- Over the past few months, some massive changes have occurred on Microsoft's cloud platform. Azure SQL Database V12 brings us closer to parity with on-premises installations. We're going to look at what's new and why you should start looking closely at the Azure offerings.
- Recently at the //Build event, the next release of SQL Server was announced. We'll take a look at what's been announced for SQL Server 2016
- Where do we want to take the User Group?